Dementia research programme
Rica is working with Innovations in Dementia on research involving people with dementia in a programme of local and national projects, providing feedback and insight on products, services and environments. People with dementia are often an 'invisible' consumer group.
How this important development can help your research:
- Rica, Innovations in Dementia and local DEEP dementia groups will work with you to design practical consumer insight and development projects that have real impact.
- This initiative provides an important new UK-wide consumer research resource for businesses and organisations.
- The learning from this innovative research programme is being supported and promoted by the John Ellerman Foundation.
People with dementia using taxis and minicabs, Camden, London
In partnership with the Camden Minds DEEP group based in the London Borough of Camden, we carried out research with four people to investigate minicab and taxi services. March 2017.
Read the taxi report here.
Mecca Bingo, York
We visited Mecca Bingo in York with the local DEEP group, York Minds and Voices, where we looked at how their experience can help produce recommendations on how bingo halls can best accommodate people with dementia. February 2017. Read the bingo report here.
RSC Theatre Stratford-upon-Avon
In partnership with the Friends Together DEEP group based in Redditch, Worcestershire, we worked with the RSC to evaluate theatre environment and performance at their Stratford-upon-Avon home. August 2016. Read the theatre report here.
An investigation of a proposed Next Stop Announcement system to find out whether it can improve journeys for people with dementia. The investigation was carried out by the Bradford DEEP group in partnership with First Group's Leeds Citybus. January 2016. Read the bus report here.
Huguenot Museum, Kent
Our first local project, where people with dementia from the local DEEP group Memorybilia visited the Huguenot Museum in Rochester using a mystery shopping approach. December 2015. Read the museum report here.
Completed research projects include:
- Usability testing of central heating programmer / thermostat unit - colour contrast (Hive Active Heating). In partnership with SUNshiners DEEP group in Dover.
- Workshop to collect feedback on utility billing and other financial information materials (British Gas). In partnership with the Forget-me-nots DEEP group in Canterbury and Mindcare Dementia Support in Lewisham.
More dementia resources
Last updated: September 2017