In July 2015 Rica Trustees and staff met to develop this new Business Plan for 2015 - 2018.
We will do this by increasing the size and role of Rica’s Consumer Research Panel and by developing new ways for all consumers to be involved in Rica research. We believe that these new resources and developments will enable Rica’s work to be more responsive to consumer need and experience and will help the charity to become more widely known and grow.
Underpinning the new strategy is a recognition of the need for the organisation to move ‘up a gear or two’ and develop the Rica brand to be more engaging, with clearer messaging for its target audiences through improved marketing.
To deliver the new Business Plan Rica will invest from its own reserves and seek pro bono consultancy support to provide the required internal and external resources. During 2015/16, the charity will invest to fund:
- Development of our consumer research panel - the RicaWatch panel
- Development of our website infrastructure and consumer information
- External specialist advice on marketing, branding and funding
- Expansion of our research staff to increase capacity.
In the longer term, we will consider newer markets, particularly the challenge of how to effectively provide information to the growing population of consumers who are disabled through age and often have little awareness, or contact with disability information and service networks.
The Business Plan has three parts:
- Part 1 Where we are now? - describing our current activities and resources.
- Part 2 Vision – identifying our new strategic priorities for the short /medium term 2015/18 together with the activities and resources that are needed to support their delivery.
- Part 3 Delivery – exploring these strategic priorities in more detail, including their timing and resource implications.
Download the full report here: Business Plan 2015-2018 (PDF)
Last updated: October 2015