Wide necked: straight and shaped
Wide necked shaped bottles
Widely available, these hold the same as standard bottles but are shorter, fatter and have a wider teat. Some have an angled teat, claimed to reduce colic.
- Easy to fill with powder and water so fewer spills
- Some have pliable plastic, dome-shaped caps, easier to remove than rigid ones
- Many have self-seal caps so no fiddly sealing discs
- Some of the curved bottles are more comfortable to hold with restricted or painful grip
- Easier to clean than narrow bottles.
- A bottle with a lop-sided curve (Boots) was uncomfortable to hold
- Take up more space in sterilisers
- Bottles without sealing discs can leak.
Next Page: Disposable bottles and bottle liners